1. Practice and develop habits for using the internet and smart devices in a positive and creative
manner. Learn how to be a smart internet user, without becoming addicted to online games, social
media, or mobile phones and devices to the detriment of personal health. “Be a master of technology,
not a slave.”
2. Be a good online citizen. Think before you post. Learn how to analyze and determine the difference
between reliable news and rumor or false news. Know how to protect yourself from being easily
deceived, either by strangers or with online purchases.
1. The DQ course will: help to raise students’ awareness in using the internet and socializing online;
train children to be disciplined and have self-control regarding internet usage; help to reduce online
bullying and provide training for appropriate social media usage, thus enabling students to better
concentrate on their learning and allowing teachers greater opportunity to impart knowledge to
children in their care.
2. DQ is a comprehensive set of competencies that measures a person’s digital skills and intelligence.
It meets global standards and has received the support of the WEF, OECD, IEEE and more than 100
countries worldwide. Teachers can use DQ scores in comparison with students from other schools
(similar to the way IQ scores are used).
1. The DQ program can help to reduce the tension produced by constant reprimands. Experience the
satisfaction of seeing children develop greater discipline in the use of smart phones, tablets and
computers (Parents should also encourage their children to get involved in other activities, such as
playing sports, exercising, and engaging in other activities that can be done together as a family,
2. The DQ program helps to lay the foundation for children to practice the eight important digital
skills, to know how to be careful about strangers in the online world, to practice caution regarding
purchasing items in games and other online products, and to know what is and isn’t appropriate when it
comes to posting messages and pictures on social media.
3. The DQ program helps prepare children as they grow up to become adults who practice discipline and
responsibility online and in social networks; who respect rules, proper etiquette and relevant laws;
and who are able to take care of themselves in the online world.